This week was focused on recovering a sense of connection.
Julia Cameron talks about inspiration and how it’s not something we have to “think up” but rather something to get “down”, that it’s always available when you need it.
This week was a little difficult for me and I’m not entirely sure why. I’ve felt something weighing down on my chest and I’ve tried to figure out what it could be. By the middle of the week, I felt like I moved past it, but still feel slight remnants, so I am treating myself with extra care.
These feelings left extra time for reflection, so I ended up being more productive than usual. I wrote two songs, discovered Brandi Carlile’s music which I now LOVE, and finally read my play aloud which helped me so much on how to move forward with it (something I had literally been avoiding for MONTHS).
I missed a morning page this week. It’s my first one I’ve missed in 7 weeks, and although there’s a part of me that wants to get really upset over it and feel so guilty for not having a perfect record, I am reminded that nobody is perfect and I’m allowed to make mistakes.
One of the tasks for this week is repeating the mantra “Treating myself like a precious object will make me strong” and so I am taking that to heart and forgiving myself for missing a day.
This week was comprised of a bunch of mini artist dates.
I followed my own advice (click here for ideas for artist dates) and went to the library to check out whatever my heart desired. I spent time learning some guitar. I went to my favorite coffee shop in the morning before work and worked on a song that keeps coming through me. I attended the student’s song final and watched 50 musical theater songs, which reminds me again and again how much I love this art. I went to a painting class with my boyfriend (does it still count if it wasn’t alone?) and I spent a whole Sunday morning to myself, reading in bed, treating my body to the gym, and sipping golden milk at a local cafe while I write this post.
Exercise of the Week
- I have a loyal friend in Dalia.
- One thing I like about my town is the ocean.
- I think I have nice legs, hair & eyes.
- Writing my morning pages has shown me I can commit & stick to anything (which includes forgiveness)
- I am taking a greater interest in music; songwriting & guitar playing.
- I believe I am getting better at being open to the creativity of the universe and noticing synchronicities.
- My artist has started to pay more attention to when I get jealous of others and noticing how my self doubts are trying to block me.
- My self-care is very important and sometimes necessary to schedule.
- I feel more in tune and have several techniques to manage it when I’m not feeling it.
- Possibly, my creativity has always been there, just need to keep following the journey and chipping away.
Synchronicity of the Week
-I have been seeing angel numbers pop up everywhere! 4:44, 8:44, 2:22, and 1:11 especially. The 4’s and 2’s have popped up the most. I’m not sure what it totally means but I am taking it as a sign that I am on the right path.